Re: debian unstable: X keyboard map problem

Peter Koellner wrote:
> hi! I need some help. Friday of last week I did an update on my debian
> unstable system, and since then the X keyboard map is somehow
> broken. More precisely, the AltGr key combinations do not work
> anymore. This is especially annoying because I need some copy and
> paste source to get an 'at' into email addresses.
> I looked over the configuration files but can't find any changes.
> Strange enogh, I get some islandic characters on some AltGr-
> combinations,  but AltGr-q at and altGr-e euro symbol are gone.
> I guess the problem lies somewhere within xbase-clients 6.8.2-10,
> because /etc/X11/xkb/xkbcomp and .../compiled show new mtimes,
> but I have no idea how to get rid of the problem.
>
> Any ideas?

xbase-clients 6.8.2-10 is not a Debian package version; it's one of
Ubuntu's X.org packages.  Please report problems with Ubuntu packages to
their bug-tracking system.

> /var/log/XFree86.0.log shows:
[a truncated log]

For future reference, please don't cut off the logs when sending a
report; send the entire logfile as part of the report, as well as your
current config file.

- Josh Triplett