Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r956 - in branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati: . debian

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 06:57:25PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Why only mid-term? Something like xserver-xorg depending on
> xorg-video-drivers | xorg-video-driver (with every video driver package
> providing xorg-video-driver and xorg-video-drivers being the metapackage
> depending on all of them) seems like a pretty good solution to me. The
> same principle should work with the other classes of drivers as well.

This looks to be the right solution to me, since it'll install all the
drivers by default using the metapackage, but let any of the individual
drivers satisfy the dependency on its own. Much better than using
recommends for the metapackage, which was my original thought. We may want
to use Ender's suggestion of xorg-video-drivers-all as the name for the
metapackage, since it'll distinguish the metapackage from the virtual
package much more than just making "driver" plural. I haven't looked at
what Daniel is using for this yet, but it's probably very similar.

 - David Nusinow