Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r956 - in branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati: . debian

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:25:59AM +0100, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> El Martes, 20 de Diciembre de 2005 04:50, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
> escribió:
> > Author: dnusinow
> > Date: 2005-12-19 22:49:49 -0500 (Mon, 19 Dec 2005)
> > New Revision: 956
> >
> > Added:
> >    branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati/ChangeLog
> [...]
> > Removed:
> >    branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati/man/
> >    branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/
> > Modified:
> >    branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati/configure.ac
> > Log:
> > Add xf86-video-ati stuff. I'll finish this commit with an svn workaround
> > next
>
> 	Why do you have to use a workaround?

I did a sloppy copy from one directory to another (cp -r instead of svn cp)
and that made svn think that the directory was from the original.
Irritating, but not a huge deal.

> 	On the other hand, I understand that this heavy separation leads to
> individual per-driver packages, doesn't it?

Yeah, it does. The problem is obviously a lot more labor at this stage, but
the benefit is that we can do quicker builds, tests, and deployments. We
can also let our users only install their required drivers if they wish.
It's a pain, but with proper scripting it shouldn't be a huge deal.
Daniel's already written a script to update each package's source and we
can adapt it for our tree if need be.

 - David Nusinow