Re: oprofile on Xorg HOWTO ?

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:03 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> I'm trying to run oprofile (which I don't know at all) on Xorg to find
> where windows mapping is slow. I installed xserver-xorg-dbg, but
> oprofile's report is still without symbols:
>
> [xav@bip:~]$ opreport -g --symbols -p /usr/lib/debug/usr/X11R6/bin/
> warning: /no-vmlinux could not be found.
> CPU: AMD64 processors, speed 2009.82 MHz (estimated)
> Counted CPU_CLK_UNHALTED events (Cycles outside of halt state) with a unit mask of 0x00 (No unit mask) count 100000
> samples  %        linenr info                 image name               app name                 symbol name
> 42313    79.4372  (no location information)   libfb.so                 libfb.so                 (no symbols)

The symbols are in /usr/lib/debug/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libfb.so .
opreport picks up symbols from other libraries
in /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/ automatically here, but others have reported
gdb not picking up the X server symbols either. If anyone has any idea
about what's going on here, please speak up!

Does passing something like -p /usr/lib/debug/usr/X11R6/lib/modules to
opreport make a difference?