Re: Questions about "/usr/X11R6"

El lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2005 02:06, Franz Hose escribió:
> After being a long time Debian user, then switched
> to Gentoo for a couple of months, and now being
> back to Debian, I noticed the following..
>
> Gentoo documentation says "/usr/X11R6" is
> deprecated in Xorg, and they're installing all X
> binaries to /usr/bin, libraries to /usr/lib, manpages
> in /usr/share/man, fonts in /usr/share/fonts, modules
> in /usr/lib/modules, etc. In their X11R7.0 packages
> it seems they're even dropping "x" from manpage
> sections. After coming back to Debian I noticed Xorg
> is still in the old /usr/X11R6 tree.

	Hello, Franz. I can only speak for myself. I am packaging xterm because in
6.9 xterm will be splitted from the main tree, and I did that same thing: move
all to /usr/bin/ and all the stuff. The only thing remaining is that I do not
know if the man pages should have 1.gz or 1x.gz extension...

	I suppose that upcoming packages will try to bend our filesystems in order to
comply with current standards and move gradually all the things
to /usr/bin, /usr/lib, ... I do not remember such item in the TODO list,
though.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
En la noche de tu sangre los glóbulos son estrellas, cometas los hematíes y
planetas los átomos de hierro.