Re: annoying control-alt-backspace triggering

El Miércoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 17:10, Josselin Mouette escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm facing frequently quite an annoying problem with the X server (being
> from sarge or sid). If I delete a whole line of text with backspace,
> keeping the key pressed for a second or two, and immediately after that,
> I press control-alt-right to switch workspaces, without having the
> control-alt-backspace keys pressed together at any moment, that sequence
> is triggered anyway, and the X server is killed.
>
> This behaviour is really annoying. Is this a bug? If it is a feature, is
> there a way to force the X server to quit only if the keys are really
> pressed together? Is there at least a way to deactivate the
> control-alt-backspace combination?
>
> (please CC me, I'm not subscribed to debian-x)

	This is called Kill-O-Zap (tm). :-) I had this same problem, and I have
deactivated it. In the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, add this:

Section "ServerLayout"
[...]
        Option          "DontZap"               "true"
EndSection

	For further information, read xorg.conf manpage.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Network engineer