annoying control-alt-backspace triggering

Hi,

I'm facing frequently quite an annoying problem with the X server (being
from sarge or sid). If I delete a whole line of text with backspace,
keeping the key pressed for a second or two, and immediately after that,
I press control-alt-right to switch workspaces, without having the
control-alt-backspace keys pressed together at any moment, that sequence
is triggered anyway, and the X server is killed.

This behaviour is really annoying. Is this a bug? If it is a feature, is
there a way to force the X server to quit only if the keys are really
pressed together? Is there at least a way to deactivate the
control-alt-backspace combination?

(please CC me, I'm not subscribed to debian-x)