Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r533 - in branches/6.9/debian: . patches

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 01:28 -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 12:25:15AM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> > Log:
> > - Radically change the way we build xserver-xorg-dbg. We no longer
> >   separately build a static version, but instead build a normal modular
> >   version and don't strip it.
> > - Remove general/032_static_dbg_server_hackfixes.diff since it's no longer
> >   necessary
>
> Could people please look this over carefully to make sure I didn't miss
> anything?

The .install files seem to contain elfloader (.o and .a) instead of
dlloader (.so) modules. This isn't gonna fly for debugging because
standard gdb doesn't know anything about elfloader modules. Are you
overriding the 6.9 default of building dlloader modules (MakeDllModules
imake define)?

Also, the way this is done, xserver-xorg-dbg would have to conflict,
replace and provide xserver-xorg, wouldn't it? Have you played with
dh_strip --dbg-package instead? (The chances of that working are
probably higher with dlloader modules)

But in general, it looks like this will be a nice cleanup. :)