Re: console confused on radeonfb when using xinerama

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 15:59 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:

> I have a laptop with an ati radeon 7500 graphic chip and an external
> vga out. Today I tried to get xinerama running with this - on it
> works! Great! Good job guys!
> The only thing is, as I start X in xinerama,

That's too vague. Do you mean two screens combined with Xinerama, or a
single screen with MergedFB Xinerama? To avoid this kind of ambiguities,
it's usually a good idea to provide (at least pointers to) X server
configuration and log files.

> and then switch back to a virtual console (1-6 all the same), they are
> all totally confused (it's hard to explain: it looks, as if the screen
> is cut into several columns and then mix the columns together).

Sounds like it could be related to tiling, but that's just a wild guess
without the above mentioned files.

> I think it could be a kernel problem (module radeon framebuffer),
> because this only happens, when using radeonfb for the console, a kernel
> without radeonfb compiled in doesn't have this problem.

Are you using vesafb or VGA console in that case?

> Where should I report this?

Hard to say, and partly depends on the above. The best guess would
probably be to report it against the X server (the video driver,
specifically) though.