Re: ALT GR + <key> doesn't work

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paolo Pantaleo <paolopantaleo@gmail.com>
Date: 1-ago-2005 19.55
Subject: Re: ALT GR + <key> doesn't work
To: David Martínez Moreno <ender@debian.org>

2005/8/1, David Martínez Moreno <ender@debian.org>:
> El Lunes, 1 de Agosto de 2005 17:12, Paolo Pantaleo escribió:
> > In italian keyboard layout to generate @ and some other chars you need to
> > use ALT GR + some other key.
> >
> > Now on my Debian stable it is not working, i installae it few days
> > ago, th problem is present only in X server (XFree86 obviusly). My
> > XF86Config-4 file contains this:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
> >        Driver          "keyboard"
> >        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
> >        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
> >        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
> >        Option          "XkbLayout"     "it"
> >        Option          "XkbVariant"    "it"
> > EndSection
> >
> > I looked a bit around and this doesn't seem to be for my mistake. Is
> > it rather a bug of X system?
>
>         Hello, Paolo. What have you done in your system for this behaviour to happen?
> Do you have unofficial packages?
>
>         Sometimes, keyboard misconfiguration is provoked by additional software, like
> KDE or GNOME messing up with the XKB info. Are you sure that you have the
> right settings in the Keyboard section of, say, KDE Control Center?

I don't have unofficila packages, i started with stable, then had the
same problem in testing and unstable (all this in the past 5 or 6
days)
I started installing just X server (with xkb and other stuff like xdm,
should be x-window-system package), then aded xfce4, kde and gnome,
none of them worked except one version of KDE (should be on testing)
in wich i set up italian keyboard layout (from kcontrol). With italian
layout it odo worked. But note that all the other key worked fine
before (like all the symbols thata are in different position in it and
us keyboards)

PAolo