Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r135 - trunk/debian

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:59:23PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> +* Burn xserver debconfage to the ground, redesign and reimplement, taking into
> +  account the many lessons of the past 5 years (and hopefully leveraging the new
> +  "autoconfiguration" code in the XOrg X server).

My goal is to push as much of this stuff in to the server as possible,
leaving as little for our scripts to do as we can. I know it'll be possible
to do things like heuristics for monitor resolutions in the server, the
code just needs to be written. During this process, if pieces of the old
debconfage can simply be removed as they become unnecessary.

Once we have a functional and up to date X.org in Debian I'm going to begin
work on this. If we want to re-write the current debconf stuff during this
process, that's definitely feasible too.

 - David Nusinow