Re: recommendations wanted for new patch management system in xorg-x11

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:43:59PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> Well, I see this as being a minor issue. Branden's requirement was to
> have the patches in a defined place, and having them in patches rather
> than debian/patches doesn't seem like too big a deal.

I don't think this is so great.  debian/patches is more or less the
canonical location to look for patches.  Moreover, having everything in
.diff.gz under debian/ makes maintenance e.g. via a version control
system much easier.  The last point might not apply for the xorg
packaging (as I think I saw Branden say he wanted to have the whole
source tree in SVN), but it holds in general.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer