Re: status of X.org in Debian?

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:33:54PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:50:19PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > Hi, I'm just curious about the state of Debian support for X.org.
> >
> > Is it already "complete" and ready to roll into unstable the day sarge
> > is released, or do we anticipate some serious effort needed before it
> > will be tame enough for Debian?  Is there a list of known issues?
>
> Mostly, it's just getting it built once on the various architectures so
> we can see if there are any issues, work out MANIFESTs and .install
> files.  If port maintainers want to do this (we currently have amd64,
> arm [in progress], hppa, i386, ia64 and powerpc), please contact me.

I'm intending to take a whack at it on netbsd-i386 in the fairly near
future. No idea how well it'll work; the sarge release stuff has some
bitrot issues with changes that whacked other changes, and a couple of
things that I'm having trouble figuring out why they're broken.

But since the X.Org build system differs, well, we'll see how it goes,
I guess.
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :