Re: New xkeyboard-config package in experimental?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:08:29PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Most problems with PC keyboards should be solved, and I would like
> to focus now on Apple keyboards.  But this requires major changes,
> and I do not want to break things now.
> My plan is to upload xkeyboard-config to experimental, this package
> is going to replace XKB data files in future XOrg releases.
> It will conflict with xlibs, will have no dependencies, and be
> arch: all so that it can be installed on any system.
>
> Unless there is any problem with the transition to xorg, I would
> like to upload and work on it quickly, so please let me know.

Go ahead.  Experimental is experimental -- if there is a problem with
your package, we can ask the archive admins to remove it.

By the way, do you mind calling it "xkb-data" instead?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Don't use nuclear weapons to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     troubleshoot faults.