New xkeyboard-config package in experimental?

Most problems with PC keyboards should be solved, and I would like
to focus now on Apple keyboards.  But this requires major changes,
and I do not want to break things now.
My plan is to upload xkeyboard-config to experimental, this package
is going to replace XKB data files in future XOrg releases.
It will conflict with xlibs, will have no dependencies, and be
arch: all so that it can be installed on any system.

Unless there is any problem with the transition to xorg, I would
like to upload and work on it quickly, so please let me know.

Denis