Re: Proposal on how to handle xorg include patches (WAS: Re: X Strike Force XOrg SVN commit: r28 - /)

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 12:35:20AM -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> I'm not sure this is really an issue at all. When a component moves to
> its own module, it should have a more or less stable interface to other
> modules. That interface should be preserved by any patches touching
> several modules, so the parts for every module can really be considered
> separate patches.
>
> Of course, I may be missing something or simply have a misconception
> about how the modularization is supposed to work...

I was initially skeptical, too, but Fabio wants to work on this and I don't
mind it.

In any case, he can't help but develop some good experience with the XOrg
tree, and that's a valuable thing to have.

I'm not inclined to try and pass judgement on Fabio's approach being right
or wrong until sarge releases.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Never attribute to human stupidity
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that which can be adequately