Re: ATI and SiS users: please test SVN trunk

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
>> Please report success or failure to this discussion thread.
>
> I wanted to try it with my SIS630, but the build failed after
> several hours:

With the updated MANIFESTs everything compiled fine as expected.
SIS630 support is as flawless as it has been before.

I noted two things not related to sis, though:
- xfree86 build-depends on libstdc++5-dev, the implementation
  of the C++ standard library shipped with GCC 3.2, while the
  current standard GCC provides libstdc++5-3.3-dev. Are
  there specific reasons for build-depending on that outdated
  version?
- I noted lots of
  dpkg-gencontrol: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
  warnings during the build.

Cheers,
        Moritz