Re: problems with SunBlade100 and Xfree 4.3

> > Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> I think the problem you are running into here is in XFree86 4.3.0, a new
> option got introduced for the ATI cards that seems to cause problems on
> the Blade 100 and 150s if missing from the XF86Config-4 file.
>
> The Driver option is called Reference_Clock and is documented at
> http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/4.3.0/ati5.html#26
>
> On my Blade 100 here, I use the following setting for it in the Device
> section of XF86Config-4;
>
> Option      "reference_clock"   "28.636 MHz"
>
> Hopefully this will work for you as well.

Certainly works for me, thanks a lot.

But it is my opinion that a warning message should be displayed when
installing/upgrading, I've googled the first time the screen went blank,
after that I hope that after a couple of days the problem would be fixed
(unstable attitude ;-) ) but after that the machine just stood
idle here until this post. So I think that many other users that are
confronted to this problem won't find a quick solution either.

Greetings and thanks a lot for this post

--
Elie De Brauwer
http://www.de-brauwer.be

Hope is the worst of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of a man...
--Friedrich Nietzsche--