Re: X11R6.7

Around 15 o'clock on Apr 13, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I think it might be easier to transition our developers and users if we
> packaged the X.Org monolithic tree, adding stuff from modular tree in
> parallel as it becomes available.

That depends to some degree on whether I manage to convince the X.org
developers to take the time right now to transition the tree to a modular
structure without making any code changes.  If so, then having Debian
transition to the modular version of X11R6.7 might make more sense than
moving to the monolithic version of 6.7 only to then repackage with the
modular bits a short time later.

The goal here is to leave the code completely unchanged and only modify
the build and packaging systems.

-keith