Re: X11R6.7

[Harald, are you subscribed to debian-x?  If so, I apologize for CCing
you.]

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 08:26:19PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 08:42:50AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > Hopefully this is no oh-no-not-again question:
> >
> > What happens after XFree86 4.3? I understand that you don't
> > like the license of version 4.4. Is  X11R6.7 a better choice?
>
> None of us have plans to package the X.Org monolithic tree:

That's not entirely true; I've thought about it.

> we plan to migrate to the modular tree when it's practicable.

I think it might be easier to transition our developers and users if we
packaged the X.Org monolithic tree, adding stuff from modular tree in
parallel as it becomes available.

Just my two cents.  Fellow list subscribers, please feel free to
discuss.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "To be is to do"   -- Plato
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "To do is to be"   -- Aristotle