fixing 239991 (was: Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing)

[note that i am moving the thread to debian-x only since it would be OT
for the others]

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Whether this fix goes into the next release is a decision for the
> XFree86 4.3.0-8 release manager to make.  :)

I think that there is no need for a RM to take a decision here :-) DanielS
pointed out that the patch should be included [1], you placed the note in
the TODO [2]. I have no objections at all and I doubt any user out there
would object to a bug fix ;)

The only doubt I have, re-reading the bug report, is the quality of the
patch. The submitter himself wasn't sure about the fix. Does any of you
have a response from upstream (i am assuming you might have it in your
inbox ;))?

BTW I want to underline that this is just an obvious summary of different
mails here and there. No RM hat until fully agreed with everybody.

Fabio

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/debian-x-200404/msg00050.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/debian-x-200404/msg00094.html

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.