Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 06:58:02PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > The RM position is all yours if Branden agrees.
>
> This is where imho you miss the point. It is OUR decision who has to take
> the position as RM inside OUR team. Noone until now has been stepping
> forward and say: "hey i would like to take that responsability".
> Now we are in the exactly the other situation with 2 candidates. I
> believe that XFS should publically decide who can fit better that
> position and with XFS i also mean our users and not just us.

I'm in a hurry this morning, so I can't give a substantive response for
a couple of hours, but I'll just say that I have no confidence in the
XSF as a team. Not to do with you, or Michel, or anything, but I have no
confidence that it is a team in the true collaborative sense, or that it
will ever be managed as such with the current leadership. Again, not a
slight to you, Michel, or anyone else helping out with X.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org