Re: another person asking for help slanders those who try to help

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:49:36PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:09:56PM -0600, Zed Pobre wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:57:07PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > rgx@gmx.de:
> > >
> > > If you're going to ask people on a mailing list, it is wise to configure
> > > your MTA such that it does not -- or use an ISP that does not -- libel
> > > those people as spammers.
> >
> >     *cough*  While I am absolutely no fan of blacklisting based on
> > IP ranges containing systems with potentially dynamic IPs, the postfix
> > response clearly indicated that the mail was blocked for this reason,
> > not because you or anyone using your IP address (or even IP range) is
> > a spammer.
>
> Oh, come on.  We all know that's why such blacklists came into
> existence, and that's what they are used for today.

Yes.

> > > I personally find it rude to ask questions and then plug one's ears
> > > to those who attempt to answer them.
> >
> >     I certainly agree with this, however.  People, please check your
> > blacklists, and if you're using a list with high potential collateral
> > damage, set your MTA to warn, not block.
>
> In my experience, most blacklisters are after a quick fix, not a good
> one.

So the person you were emailing was responsible for having the GMX
servers blackhole dynamic ranges, was he? Are you also responsible for
RoadRunner/Cox/whoever doing the same?

Seriously, get a life.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>