Re: FWD from XFree86 forum: GPL-incompatible license

Around 14 o'clock on Feb 11, Branden Robinson wrote:

> The DFSG-incompatibility of xc/lib/font/fontfile/decompress.c is more
> serious.

Disabling .pcf.Z font file support shouldn't be a significant issue;
XFree86 has used .pcf.gz files for many years.

We can either stub-out the functions in decompress.c or delete their
references in fontfile/fileio.c and remove the files completely.

I'll do the latter for the freedesktop distribution; I have a strong
desire to make the released software from that source completely DFSG-free.

-keith