experimental XFree broken after latest unstable update

Hi,

To summarize: a package update from unstable broke X 4.3.0.pre5. i810
chipset

My machine is a Dell OptiPlex GX270 with a i810 chipset using a Dell
1800FP flat panel.

I take X from experimental, because 4.2 didn't work for me when I did
the install 2 months ago. I have been using 4.3.0-pre4 since without
problem. I upgraded to pre5 without apparent hick.
But something in unstable broke X, making me unable to go into graphical mode
anymore.

Yesterday I pulled some packages from unstable. Today I found out this
apparently broke Sun's keytool program.
I was having a strange crash doing operations I had been doing 10-20 times a
day in the past months without problem.
Pulling all new packages from unstable solved the problem. I didn't
restart the machine neither X. At one point, I tried to run frozen-bubble but
broke X.

Not managing to solve by restarting gdm, I rebooted the machine. Problem
still there.

Under 2.4.24, XFree.log contains something along:

  Cannot shmat() low memory.

Under 2.6.2 I run into other problems, mouse related it seems. But I had
similar problems under 2.6.0 so I doubt it will help much.

I haven't found anything in google, surfing in lynx is nice, but not such a
good browsing experience.

I will send another email with the full logs from XFree ASAIC.

Any help appreciated, as I need this machine to run ASAP :)

Cheers,

Jerome