Re: libXft

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> said:

> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 14:12, selune@mytilene.org wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I have a problem with launching some X applications like :
> >
> > enkill:# xchat
> > xchat: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
> > XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder
>
> What does
>
> ldd `which xchat` | grep render

~# ldd `which xchat` | grep render
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x40773000)

> say? (Have you ever installed non-packaged X stuff?)

never !

I tried to reinstall (with 'apt-get install --reinstall' then with a 'dpkg -x')
libxrender1. I checked the version :
enkill:~# dpkg -l|grep xrender
ii  libxrender-dev 0.8.3-5        X Rendering Extension client library (develo
ii  libxrender1    0.8.3-5        X Rendering Extension client library

But it still doesn't work...

I get the same error runing 'startkde' for example...
~# startkde
startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
XRenderFindStandardFormat
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
ksplash: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined symbol:
XRenderQuerySubpixelOrder

I don't understand, it worked very well before...

Gwen.