Re: Is there really nobody that can help me? (was Re: radeon 9200, Linux 2.6 and Xfree 4.3.0 dri not working)

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 12:34, Grzegorz Galazka wrote:
> On 03 Feb 2004 11:28:33 -0300
> Enzo Alberto Dari <darie@cab.cnea.gov.ar> wrote:
>
> > - Radeon 9200 SE (chip ID: 5964)
>
> It's an AGPx8 device, it won't work properly on 2.4.x kernels, since
> they dont have AGPv3 support. Try 2.6.x kernel.
OK, I just found:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0308.1/1928.html
saying:
For 2.4, you're stuck. It needs AGP3 support. The KT400 stuff in
2.4 only works if you shove an AGP2.x gfx card in the slot.
As soon as you put a 3.x capable card in there the chipset changes
mode, and as there's no AGP3 support in 2.4 yet, you're pooched.

I'll try to get a 2.6.x kernel,... and make it work in my woody
system.

--
Thanks,
                                                     O__