Help packaging Synaptics TouchPad driver

Hi all,

I know I'm a bit late in packaging that module but I've been able to
make it work (again) on my hardware only a few weeks ago.

Now comes the problem: linda complains about

E: xfree86-driver-synaptics; Binary /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/synaptics_drv.o is not stripped.
 The binary shown is not stripped, and is included in a standard
 package, while Policy shows that it should be stripped

actually stripping (`install -s` or `dh_strip`) removes also the

XF86ModuleData synapticsModuleData = {&VersionRec, &SetupProc, NULL };

symbol, needed for the driver to load correctly in XFree.
It also complains (a warning now) about

W: xfree86-driver-synaptics; Shared binary object
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/synaptics_drv.o has no dependancy information.
 The binary object listed above is a shared object, but does not report
 that it depends on any other shared libraries.

Package: xfree86-driver-synaptics
Version: 0.12.3-1
[...]
Depends: xserver-common (>= 4.2.1)
Suggests: xfree86-driver-synaptics-utils (>= 0.12.3)

So I suppose I'm doing something wrong here...

Any suggestion? (should I ask on -mentors first?)

thanks in advance
--
mattia
:wq!