Re: Patches status: 011-016

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:08:25PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> 011_chinese_locale_fixups
> -------------------------
> Present upstream on 4.3 branch.
>
> There are additional Chinese locale bugfixes (for zh_CN.GB2312) on HEAD,
> though, which you may want to steal.

Those are a bit large; the zh_CN support actually appears to have been
largely reworked.  Unless someone prepares a clean patch, I will let
this wait until XFree86 4.4.

> 011a_recognize_glibc_2.3.2_locale_names
> ---------------------------------------
> Merged (basically unchanged) and present in 4.3 patches (under same name).
> (Silly name now though, given that it has nothing to do with the new 011)

With this many patches it's hard for the numbers to be related to each
other very well.  As long as the filename is accurately descriptive I'm
not too worried.

> 011b_recognize_ko_KR.EUC-KR_locale
> ----------------------------------
> Unchanged and present in 4.3 patches (under same name).
>
> *However*, it's also present in XFree86 HEAD now, so this
> should be converted to a stolen_from_HEAD patch.

Okay, I'll do that.

> 012_fix_cyrillic_font_aliases
> -----------------------------
> Not upstream, not in 4.3 patches, not irrelevant as far as I can tell.
> So it needs to be updated for 4.3, which should be pretty straightforward.
>
> Also it needs a new number since there's a different 012 in the 4.3 patches.

Okay, thanks.

> 013_wacom_wait_longer_for_input
> -------------------------------
> Rendered irrelevant by the new 036_wacom_usb_tablet_update patch.
> (Which, incidentally, is still relevant for 4.3, but is replaced on HEAD
> by an even newer version.)

Okay, good.  We'll drop #036 when 4.4 is packaged.

> 014_document_grab_key_sequences
> -------------------------------
> Present upstream in 4.3.
>
> 015_lbxproxy_segfault_fix
> -------------------------
> Present upstream in 4.3.

Excellent.

> 016_mga_manpage_updates
> Not upstream, not in 4.3 patches, not irrelevant as far as I can tell.
> Looks straightforward to update to 4.3 (probably just changed offsets).

Okay, I'll work on this.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Religion is excellent stuff for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      keeping common people quiet.