Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 880 - branches/4.3.0/sid/debian

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 09:38:59PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:46:05AM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> > Use hardlinks instead of symlinks when copying build tree for debugging
> > server build in build-server target (thanks, David Schmitt).
>
> I had symlinks for a reason: the Hurd guys can't have disks above 1.4GB
> or whatever it is, so they can't, obviously, have XFree86 on a single
> disk. That's why there's symlinks, so you can do cross-device trees.
>
> Yes, it's nasty and crap (just like the rest of the Hurd ;), but what
> can you do?

Well, you didn't exactly *have* symlinks.  That changeset simply brought
the build-server rule into sync with the build rule.

In other words, hard links were already being used in most builds
anyway.  Even on the Hurd.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    that reading it will cause an