Re: xprt-xprintorg taking over xprt: now or later?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:09:31AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> I guess we can do it now.  xprt (xfree86) does not work and Fabio was
> already prepared to remove it now before sarge.

Of course, neither does xprt-xprintorg, but that's a minor quibble. :)
Does *anything* besides Mozilla care about whether or not it exists?  From
a user's perspective, I can't imagine that it's at all important to replace
the one with the other for Sarge.

Checking reverse depends... no, nothing other than Mozilla and friends deps
on it, and they don't even dep on it, they only recommend it.  So who
cares, really?  Packages that want it, will already bring it in.

> Also, I have a prerelease upstream version of Xprint (1.0alpha1), based
> on X.org 6.8.2.  Roland upstream recommends we put it into sarge, it has
> considerable improvements over the current Xprint.

Oh, you mean that this one actually works correctly?

--
 Marc Wilson |     Kissing your hand may make you feel very good,
 msw@cox.net |     but a diamond and sapphire bracelet lasts for ever.