Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r2023 - branches/debconf-overhaul/debian

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 06:39:35AM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> The via driver is pretty unreliable and sometimes is better to use vesa.
> Of course there are observation coming from bugs we received when defaulting
> automatically to via.

The observation being that the stock via driver in XFree86/current X.Org
supports around 20% of the stock Via chipsets out there, the revamped
'unichrome' driver which will probably be merged into X.Org supports
maybe 30% of the stock Via chipsets out there, and there is little if
any intersection between the two.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>