Re: Building debs of xorg, howto not found.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 10:12:14AM -0700, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> --- Jeremy Nickurak <atrus@debian.spam.rifetech.com> wrote:
> > Nobody's come up with a complete polished set of debian build scripts
> > for xorg yet (akaik).
>
> I'm not looking for "a complete polished set", I would like to build the
> bloody bleading edge.  After all is there any polished copy of Xorg?
>
> I think this is what I'm looking for, seams like it provides both Xorg and
> some package build scripts...
> http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?root=xorg
> I am only asking here sine I saw the above link in TXSF FAQ.

It's incomplete enough that you can build it and have maybe 10% of X
installable.  It may or may not work.

I have a set of .debs I'm working on externally (given I don't have
access to the SVN repository) that kill /usr/X11R6.  It's not quite
complete, and may well kill your system.  When someone has a completed
set of X.Org debs that just need polishing and testing, you'll know
about it.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>