Re: Building debs of xorg, howto not found.

--- Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:

> Please don't CC me on reply. I am subscribed to the mailing list.
>
> Mike Mestnik wrote:
> | --- Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:
> |

> | Mike Mestnik wrote:
> | | After a long search for xorg debs I found the subversion repo.  I'd
> | like
> | | some instructions for downloading and building xorg, hopefully using
> | | dpkg-buildpackage.
> | |
> | | I need xorg for DRI's SnapShoots and right now my system is hoplesly
> | with
> | | out Direct Rendering.
> |
> | There is no HOWTO because there are no packages yet.
> |

> |> Right, not talking about "packages".  I was talking about building,
> |> preferably with dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> If there are no (binary or source) packages you cannot build anything
> with dpkg-buildpackage.

Where did you see this?  I use wget or cvs when apt-get won't featch a
source file!  In this case I'm not sure so I asked, poor me.

Check it out for your self.
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/gtk-gnutella co
gtk-gnutella-current;
cd gtk-gnutella-current;
dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b;
dpkg -i ../*.deb;
mv ../*.deb .;

Nice and neat, usualy I replace the ';'s with '&&'s and remove the extra
typing(white space).  These instructions I made my self from clips found
here
http://gtk-gnutella.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=devel#devel-snapshots.