Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r1832 - in trunk/debian: . local

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:08:49PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> True, I will try to improve wording here.

Are you happy with the current FAQ entry?  If I'm saying anything
misleading in it, please let me know.  I don't want to ship a FAQ in sarge
with bad information in it.

> No, in my bogus terminology, position means the group number.

Okay.  I *think* I understand.  Would the follwing symbol definition
reflect an accurate notion of what a group is (assuming my bogus keysyms
actually existed)?

xkb_symbols "foo" {

        name[Group1] = "FirstGroup"
        name[Group2] = "SecondGroup"
        name[Group3] = "ThirdGroup"
        name[Group4] = "FourthGroup"

        key <AE01> = { [ UnshiftedGroup1, ShiftedGroup1 ],
                       [ UnshiftedGroup2, ShiftedGroup2 ],
                       [ UnshiftedGroup3, ShiftedGroup3 ],
                       [ UnshiftedGroup4, ShiftedGroup4 ] }
}

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only