Re: New 'nv' support with trunk+(nv from sanitized)?

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:48:57AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Yes, this is what I would do.  I have recently updated the nv driver
> backport, but I didn't move forward in time far enough to get GeForce FX
> Go5700 support.  After that the driver was rewritten and the changes were
> just too disruptive for me to apply without a tester lined up.
>
> Here's the SVN commit log:
>
>   Grab from XFree86 CVS (2003-07-16) more updates to the nv driver.  Fixes
>   several bugs as well as adding support for several chipsets, including
>   GeForce FX 5600SE, GeForce FX Go5600, GeForce FX Go5650, Quadro FX Go700,
>   GeForce FX Go5100, GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900, Quadro FX 3000,
>   and the "mystery" TNT2 card with a PCI model ID of 0x002a.  Extend
>   reversion of REGION_EQUAL macro implementation to nv driver in patch #030.
>   Resync patch #911.

Oddly, I have confirmation from Steve Langasek that the GeForce FX Go5700
(PCI ID 10de:0347) works with this backported patch, despite the lack of
any mention of it or its PCI model ID in the driver source code.

I am puzzled, but won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Happier sarge users means a happier me.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only