Re: Release update

Hi everybody,

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Hello world.
>
> There's a steadily increasing buzz about the status of the sarge
> release, now that the new installer is on the home stretch.  The release
> team has been hard at work on finalizing a viable release schedule, but
> it will take a little more time yet before that's ready to be announced.
>
> In the meantime, we do need to announce the first stage of the sarge
> freeze.
>
> 31 July		Hard-freeze of base+standard

[SNIP]

With the recent announce from the release team, to start the freeze period
for sarge release, and after a discussion with Branden on irc, the next
release of the X packages will be the last one that will bring in new
features.

The release will take longer than usual due to the number of things in the
TODO list and you are welcome to add your comments, if you truely believe
that something must absoultely be changed.

>From the 15th of August, X will be in hard freeze condition. Only RC bugs
fixes will be performed. tho we have only one that affect the release and
hopefully it will be fixed before the next upload.

Now, more than ever is important that people will start to test and report
bugs asap!!

You should know the drill by now.

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.