Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: r1562 - in trunk/debian: . local

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 07:41:41AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> This project was christened XWin.org. freedesktop.org has existed since
> the late 1990s, basically as just Havoc with a bunch of standards (e.g.
> .desktop, NETWM). In mid-2003, XWin and freedesktop made the decision to
> essentially merge, and XWin folded all its services into
> freedesktop.org.
>
> fd.o took that opportunity to extend immensely (and got its own machine
> for the first time), and ended up being somewhat of a focal point for X
> development. But it was started years before we rocked along.

Thanks for the information.  As you may have noticed, I updated the FAQ
shortly after this.  (I'm slowly getting caught up on non-emergency -x
traffic...)

[...]
> Please s/FreeDesktop.Org/freedesktop.org/.

Done.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      If you don't think for yourself,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      others will think for you -- to