Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:54:36PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 06:37 +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:22:42PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > No, and you know that. it would still go trough the priority list, commit,
> > > review and test. And you know as much as we do how much time it takes that
> > > process. If you want to question the time we take to include things that's
> > > a separate argument. If you want to question that we do not accept
> > > anything than sorry but you know that is not true.
> >
> > The point I was making was that there is a group with significantly more
> > power than everyone else, and the ultimate gatekeepers of Debian in X.
> > If this is not true, and I'm part of the XSF, can I start uploading
> > again?
>
> What's that fixation of yours about uploading? I like to consider myself
> part of the XSF (although ATM I can only contribute very little due to
> my diploma thesis unfortunately), but I've never felt even the slightest
> urge to do an upload. If you aren't happy with the job Fabio does as
> release manager, I suggest you just express your opinion about that.

I'm more than happy with the job Fabio does as RM - I have absolutely no
issue here. My issue is with the fact he refuses to acknowledge that
some people have a little more privilege than others in Debian X
maintainership.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org