Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 12:00:32AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Wouter Verhelst (wouter@grep.be) [040618 21:55]:
> > I'm deliberately not choosing sides here, even though I know you're
> > asking for people to choose sides. IMO, however, you (the X Strike
> > Force) are best qualified to choose which way to go from now. I
> > therefore suggest you consider the above guidelines (and add some of
> > your own), and make the decision for yourself.
>
> Total true. I have exactly the same opinion as Wouter on this topic.

The X Strike Force (which, I remind everyone, is everyone who can
bothered to participate on the debian-x mailing list) will make this
decision.

But we're trying not to make an *uninformed* decision, and the needs and
opinions of our users and peers are important.

Hence Fabio's questionnaire which, I admit, was crafted with my
nefarious assistance.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |        Beware of and eschew pompous
Debian GNU/Linux                   |        prolixity.