Re: X Bitmap

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 04:06:23AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 07:21:57PM +0200, Kevin Boergens wrote:
> > http://netghost.narod.ru/gff/graphics/summary/xbm.htm
> >
> > I need support for the X BitMap format. On the page mentioned about I
> > found a few pieces of code from X to support loading and reading xbm
> > (Very old indeed).  I was not able to find out what Debian packages I
> > have to install to get the needed headers to support xbm.
>
> Given no-one uses it, I don't think there are actually any packages in
> Debian supporting it. Try stealing some of the code from that site.

X itself supports it... all the stuff in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps/*
(for example) is owned by xlibs-data.  Unstable's perl uses it, emacs uses
it, xfig uses it, ghostscript uses it, etc.  The functions that support it
are in libX11.

You should only have to install xlibs-dev.  All the supporting functions
have man pages.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Custer committed Siouxicide.
 msw@cox.net |