Re: ATI and SiS users: please test SVN trunk

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> Some large changes have been incorporated into the XSF XFree86 SVN
> trunk recently:
[...]
>   Backport ATI driver from XFree86 CVS as of 2004-02-11, including
>   support for "ForceMinDotClock" option to Radeon driver.
[...]
> It is important that we have feedback on these changes.  Because I only
> have access to a very limited selection of video hardware, I cannot do
> very comprehensive testing myself.  I invite all users of ATI and SiS
> video hardware to build and test the SVN trunk as documented in the
> HACKING file.
[...]
> Please report success or failure to this discussion thread.

I just built SVN HEAD (exported at 2004-05-19 17:00 UTC) and it works
great on my ATI Rage128 Mobility M3. The new driver allows a whole bunch
of more modes due to scaling the dotclock from the built-in values to
what the VBIOS reports. XVideo and DRI also work fine.

--
ilmari