Releasing -8?

Hello,
How is the status of -8? The changelog is already almost as long as
the changelogs for -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 and -7 taken together and especially
the xlib6g fix should be part of sarge, shouldn't it?

Afaict Branden is going to manage this release:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/debian-x-200404/msg00211.html
Branden Robinson writes on Tue, 6 Apr 2004
| On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:32:35AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
[...]
| > I would like to give it a shot or two. TBH I am kinda searching some
| > motivations to do more work in Debian and perhaps this is an opportunity.
[...]
| By unanimous consent of those who had the energy to grunt, the role is
| yours.  :)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/debian-x-200404/msg00219.html
Fabio Massimo Di Nitto writes on Tue, 6 Apr 2004
| Let's put out -8 at your discrection since i am still in the mess of
| moving around and it would be exrtmely stupid for me to delay anything
| from the beginning. From -9 we will go as i suggested in the other mail.
| bi-weekly release or 10 bugs to close (with flexibility and so on....)

Branden Robinson writes on Fri, 9 Apr 2004
> We've spoken in IRC since then and I agree with scheduling -8 for the
> end of next week; sooner if circumstances warrant.

Hmm, After pasting this, I realize that "end of next week" was
yesterday. I'll send the mail anyway and request ingnoring it if you
would rather not be pestered.
            cu andreas