Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:12:45AM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > important, at best. I'm not suggesting that the patch shouldn't be
> > applied for 4.3.0-8, which, given Branden's lack of response, I assume I
> > am release-managing. However, it is most certainly not RC.
>
> Even if i am silent on the list (as you know i am quit busy during these
> days, and if you don't please read -private) lack of response doesn't mean
> lack of responsabilities or interest.

I'll have to flick back through -private; I try to ignore it.

> Re-reading the bug log and the thread I still cannot understand why you
> downgraded the bug in the first place. There is no explanation in the BTS
> and the downgrade was done before Branden investigation that would have
> let X entering sarge in any case. You might want to excuse if i missed
> something but i can't access emails on a daily base but i am sure you can
> be so kind to give an explanation.

I'll need to respond to this (later) in the morning.

> > Please don't go around making stupid suggestions like this: you might
> > give other people ideas.
>
> If you want at act as a release manager, you should in the first place
> stop telling people that they are stupid or whatever and start to
> cooperate with everyone, even with "clueless" people (this is not meant to
> be an attack to Adrian at all, but a general reference to less experienced
> users) and give good explanations to your actions wearing the RM hat.

I said the suggestion was 'stupid', and I stick by it. I'm perfectly
willing to co-operate with Adrian, but not to the point of yielding to
his every suggestion - I have an opinion on some matters, and I'm not
willing to let everyone trample all over it.

The RM position is all yours if Branden agrees.

> > 'REALEASE FASTER! NO NOT LIKE THAT YOU FOOLS,'
>
> you forgot your caps lock on.

I use ctrl:nocaps.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>