Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and testing (was: when will the release release)

Let's go back to debian-x only. I don't think we need to pester the other
mailing list anymore.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > Even if i am silent on the list (as you know i am quit busy during these
> > days, and if you don't please read -private) lack of response doesn't mean
> > lack of responsabilities or interest.
>
> I'll have to flick back through -private; I try to ignore it.

Well it's nothing secret.. i am changing house and traveling quite a lot
so i don't read emails regularly during these days. I will hopefully
finish within mid april.

> > Re-reading the bug log and the thread I still cannot understand why you
> > downgraded the bug in the first place. There is no explanation in the BTS
> > and the downgrade was done before Branden investigation that would have
> > let X entering sarge in any case. You might want to excuse if i missed
> > something but i can't access emails on a daily base but i am sure you can
> > be so kind to give an explanation.
>
> I'll need to respond to this (later) in the morning.

Ok. I just want to have a clear picture of the situation, since we are a
team and we should work as such I think certain decisions (like X or Y
should be handled in this way for this reason) should be agreed before
rather than after.

> > > Please don't go around making stupid suggestions like this: you might
> > > give other people ideas.
> >
> > If you want at act as a release manager, you should in the first place
> > stop telling people that they are stupid or whatever and start to
> > cooperate with everyone, even with "clueless" people (this is not meant to
> > be an attack to Adrian at all, but a general reference to less experienced
> > users) and give good explanations to your actions wearing the RM hat.
>
> I said the suggestion was 'stupid', and I stick by it. I'm perfectly
> willing to co-operate with Adrian, but not to the point of yielding to
> his every suggestion - I have an opinion on some matters, and I'm not
> willing to let everyone trample all over it.

We all have opinions, neither i say that we need to accept everything from
everyone, but upon a rejection I like to see a good explanation that makes
'stupid' a certain suggestion.

> The RM position is all yours if Branden agrees.

This is where imho you miss the point. It is OUR decision who has to take
the position as RM inside OUR team. Noone until now has been stepping
forward and say: "hey i would like to take that responsability".
Now we are in the exactly the other situation with 2 candidates. I
believe that XFS should publically decide who can fit better that
position and with XFS i also mean our users and not just us.

> I use ctrl:nocaps.

Check your settings again ;)

Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.