Re: X Strike Force - some infos missing

Around 19 o'clock on Mar 31, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> If it's not in the X.org repository, I gain the impression that it would
> not be released in X11R6.8

My hope is that any future release from X.org would not be a monolithic
release but rather a collection of separately released modules so that the
'X.org repository' becomes only those modules which people want to
maintain there. X.org would then construct a release of software
maintained both in it's own repository as well as software maintained
elsewhere without having to copy the source code into the X.org repository.

So, X11R6.8 (or whatever it's called) could contain whatever released bits
that people wanted it to contain.  I would certainly push to only include
software that the original authors *wanted* to be included in X and leave
out bits which those authors wanted to maintain and distributed on their
own.

-keith