Re: Patches from XFree86

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:54:19AM -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
> >> No code from XFree86 after the relicensing on 13 February 2004, or
> >> bearing an X-Oz Technologies, Inc., copyright notice, should be included
> >> in Debian's XFree86 packages (or anywhere in Debian main or contrib, for
> >> that matter).
>
> > =2E..without explicitly checking its CVS commit logs for any application
> > of the X-Oz or XFree86 1.1 licenses.
>
> That's more to the point.  But that should be done for any type of import.
> It's better to focus on the issue rather than the instance.

I think heightened scrutiny is warranted in this case.

...that is, if it's reasonable to assume that when people and
organizations go to the trouble of changing a copyright license, they
intend to enforce it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    that reading it will cause an