Re: Question on X and new license...

(replying to a troll)

>> > (I really hope not to start a flame war ...)
>>
>> They don't want people to be able to legally remove the advertisement.

> And that violates the GPL's "no restrictions" clause.

self-serving nonsense.  Most copyright notices contain a clause that
prohibits removing the notice.  That does not (in my experience has
not) stop people from using extended sections of code, removing the
copyright notice and using it without credit.

(if you want to make a point, try to make it useful)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net