Re: who is the author of the Linux evdev patch to lnx_kbd.c?

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:34:13PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:19:07PM -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> > I should have put a note on it when I wrote it.
>
> You did put a copyright notice in one file, but there was no license
> information, so that was needed.  Also, your work was split up into 3
> patches.
>
> > The same applies to the entirety of the evdev patch, including the
> > evdev helper stuff and the mice patch.
>
> I've put the following legalese into SVN.  This information is, at
> present, just in the patch annotation, not in the source code itself.
>
>   Copyright 2003 Zephaniah E. Hull.
>
>   Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
>   copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
>   to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
>   the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
>   and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
>   Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
>
>   The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
>   all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
>   THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
>   IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
>   FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL
>   ZEPHANIAH E. HULL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
>   WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF
>   OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
>   SOFTWARE.
>
>   Except as contained in this notice, the name of Zephaniah E. Hull shall
>   not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other
>   dealings in this Software without prior written authorization from
>   Zephaniah E. Hull.
>
> Does that look all right?

It looks perfect.

As a side note, what is the best way of extracting these patches from
SVN so I can put the current versions (with the copyright notices) up
for non-Debian users?

--
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801