Re: X Strike Force XFree86 SVN commit: rev 998 - branches/4.3.0/sid/debian

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:48:09PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> +Post 4.3.0-1
> +============
<snip>
> +* Rewrite xserver-xfree86 debconfage.  Joey Hess and Eduard Bloch have provided
> +  good input.

Aside from their input, what do you have in mind for the rewrite? I'd
actually like to take an early stab at it, if I might. I know you're not
a perl fan Branden, but I'd feel more comfortable working in perl, and I
think the extra tools that it brings along could help a lot.

One thing I'd like to have is a real parser for XF86Config-4, rather
than the md5sum hack, and I think perl would allow this where it would
be very difficult in shell. Then again, I'm no shell expert so feel free
to prove me wrong.

 - David Nusinow